Monday, February 16, 2009

I'm Married to the Drummer.

Last night was a lot of fun! The Fruit Smoothie Trio Band had a gig near Elon University. Chris loves the opportunity to play drums, and he loves this group of musicians! Over the last couple of months they have been working in the recording studio on an official album. It should be available in the Spring. Their sound is best described as "alternative," but since that can be quite vague, I'll elaborate with my own description: blue grass, meets classic rock, meets pop lyrics, with a bit of quirky flair, all wrapped up in unbelievable musical talent! You can quote me on that one!
Each one of the guys is incredibly talented, and to watch them play together is really amazing! All I can say is, "I'm married to the drummer!" Here are a few pictures from last night, we had a whole lot of friends there, and that made it even more special.

Sarah, CD & Martha


Fruit Smoothie Trio


Here we are in between sets!



It is always a challenge to get a good shot of the drummer. I have discovered that there is always something in the way of the shot: a lead singer, a cymbal, an amp, something. I took my liberties in between songs, and asked Joel if I could cut-in, literally walking right up on the platform and grabbing this shot of my drummer! Hopefully, the guys will book more gigs for the coming months. It's exciting to see them pursue and enjoy music so much. We'll keep you posted on where and when for the next one. It's really fun, and we hope you can join us!

No comments: