Thursday, January 21, 2010

Why I'm not Canadian.

My dad was born in Canada and followed in his father's foot steps as a young hockey player. My grandparents moved the family to Buffalo, NY when my dad was a young boy so he could play on the Junior National Team. If not for that, I think I would be singing, "O Canada..." right now.



Dad went on to play hockey at Cornell University and during his sophomore year, they went undefeated as Division I National Champions. I googled it and it came up on Wikipedia...

Wikipedia: NCAA Hockey
"The 1970 Cornell Big Red are they only Division I men's NCAA ice hockey team to record an unbeaten, untied season."

Crazy right?


Dad is #17. Below he is in the middle celebrating with teammates.
 


In February, I will head back to Lynah Rink in Ithaca to watch Dad and his teammates from 1970 take the ice in celebration of the 40th Anniversary. It is going to be so much fun! Pictures to follow.

No comments: