Monday, March 30, 2009

The final stretch.

It's official.  Tomorrow, the 4th quarter begins! I love this milestone in the school year.  The students suddenly perk up because they see the finish line in sight.  The smell of Spring is present, and I, as a teacher, gain a greater motivation than ever to finish well.  "What else do I need them to know before they leave my class?" "How can I instill 'life learning' into my 'school learning' for my students?" It feels like the first week of school, but instead of a marathon ahead, we have an intense sprint! I love it! The energy is infectious and thrilling.

The unique element of a beginning and an end to the school world is a fascinating element of my job. It graciously provides seasons to my life and career.  I think it also promotes change.  Whether the summer months are a hiatus from the classroom or merely a shift in curriculum, the end of a school year initiates a change. I love change --- it means variety and challenge. It can be difficult, but that will only help me grow along the way. Change is a win-win. I am so thankful for change being an integral part of my job. 10 more weeks, and we'll talk about what changes are to come!

No comments: