Monday, September 13, 2010

Hannah Girl: Emergency Vet

This is more of a report than a post. Sweet Hannah began vomiting and experiencing diarrhea on Friday. Hoping it was a 48-hour virus we pushed through Saturday (with lots of vomiting and diarrhea), but Sunday I was concerned that she was dehydrated.  Her symptoms weren't going away and basically, Mommy got worried about what may be going on in little Hannah's body. Thus my frist trip to the Emergency Vet Clinic.


I had heard awful stories, but we had no choice, so Hannah and I made the trek across town. She was in bad shape. They took very good care of us. I'm guessing the negative feedback from folks is derived from the exorbitant amount of money you pay when utilizing the pet ER. This is true.

They diagnosed her with possible pancreatitis. This was a jaw-dropping announcement to me, fragile dog-mom in a state of exhaustion.  Chris went through pancreatitis while we were engaged. We all know that story well. Anyway, I left my sweet Hannah over night at the clinic for fluids and medications. I hated it. The plus side was great though: she got treatment and I was able to sleep for the first time in three nights!

This morning I picked her up to transport her to our regular vet for further help. She was so out of it, it broke my heart. Throughout the day I have received calls from our vet (who we love) regarding more tests, etc etc... Apparently we have two problems: pancreatitis and some strange mystery object in her stomach. I am praying that we can avoid surgery.

More update to come, but goodness these moments are defying as a dog-mommy.

No comments: