Monday, March 16, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

You're a grand old flag, you're a high flying flag, and forever in peace may you waive...

I know it's only March, but we love the 4th of July, and with all of this bum-me-out weather happening, I can't help but day dream of the sun, the sand and the sparklers of 4th of July at the beach!  I want to be there now, contemplating the serious decision of SPF15 or 30? At my count we are 105 days from departure. 

Last year, we showed up on the beach with more national pride than any other vacation party on the beach.  Picture this; a group of young couples (yes, us), walk over the dunes covered in red, white and blue paraphernalia, American flags in hand and to the patriotic music of our free country.  People may have expected the red, white and blue --- typical.  The flag, yes, assumed. But, when a group of young Americans play a patriotic CD for hours as they enjoy the sand, now that shows our commitment to celebrating America.  At one point, the flags were blowing in the wind and the guys put their hands to their chests as the Star Spangled Banner played. I love celebrating America!

The more the merrier for 4th of July Extravaganza 2009! It's a Saturday, come down to Litchfield and join us. For now, I'll continue to scout flags, noisemakers and pieces of patriotism to take with us in July!

No comments: